Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Club Rush

On August 24, I attended Penn State Berks Orientation Club Rush and the Club Rush on September 5. During these events I discovered the many clubs that are offered at the campus. This blog will be dedicated to explaining what clubs I discovered at this event.
Upon arriving at the orientation club fair, I saw the Student Activities Board. After talking to Amanda, I decided to sign up. The club involved planning the many different activities that college students enjoy like jitters, open mic night, and the club rush itself. Once I signed up for the Student Activities Board, I continued around the fair and I came to the Bowling Club stand. This was the club that I was most interested in at Berks because I knew that the competitive team was going to be traveling around the country and competing with the best in the NCAA. After talking with the coaches and hearing about the many different tournaments, I anxiously signed myself up for this club. Some of the tournaments that they planned to attend were in the cities of Indianapolis, Wichita, and Las Vegas. As I continued from the bowling club, I looked at the Blue and White Club and I decided to sign up. I decided to sign up for this club in order to learn more information about it since the representative for the club was busy. I then proceeded to the volleyball club team stand. I discovered that they met every Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. I talked about and signed up for the club even though I realized that I had to choose between this club and the Bowling Club. I continued on and found clubs like the outdoor club, the chess club, the rugby team, THON, and the campus’s student government.
Even though I will probably not join some of these clubs, it was nice to meet people and see the many opportunities that Penn State has to offer. I met a few of my friends at both events and discussed what clubs they were planning to attend. I hope that the clubs that I joined will eventually provide a path for me to meet others and get more involved with the Penn State community. This experience helped me to obtain a great amount of information about many activities. I hope that all freshmen will be directed to participate in this event in the future.

No comments: