Monday, September 24, 2007








This week’s blog will be on my first workshop I attended on Friday September 21st at 1:00pm. I chose to attend the Microsoft Office 2007 Overview. The workshop taught me many valuable skills on the new Microsoft software. The first software we went over in the workshop was Microsoft Word 2007. I found that a lot had changed with the new display of Word. Instead of having toolbars, the new Word has Quick access toolbars and tabs. These new tabs helps a person choose what they want to do with text easily and efficiently. Another change that I saw in the new Word was the new reviewing tools. Besides the updated spelling and grammar checker, Word 2007 has a researcher and an online translator built into the software.
The next software we reviewed was Microsoft Excel 2007. Like Word, Excel 2007 used tabs and quick access toolbars. The new Excel also has a total amount of 1000 columns and 1000 rows and has a calculation complete tool. Even with all these new items, the nicest addition to both Excel and Word 2007 was the zoom tool. Unlike the older versions of Microsoft Office, the zoom tool is now on the bottom of the display and only requires the click of the mouse instead of navigating throughout the confusing master bar of Office 2000.

The final software product that we navigated was the new Microsoft PowerPoint. This program showed the most change of any of the new Microsoft Office programs. It provides new displays and animations for users and allows the user to pick them right off the new tab and quick access toolbars at the top. It also has new ways to personalize text boxes offering 3-D effects and new shapes.

Even though I can’t explain the entire overview to you, I’d expect you to discover for yourself how easy Microsoft Office 2007 is to operate. Trust me; you will drop the old Office 2000 in a second once you’ve learned the skills necessary to master the 2007 version. This was a very informative workshop. I can take the knowledge I gained and hopefully use it for my own classes as well as help others who need to learn about Microsoft Office 2007. Thank you for reading this week’s blog. May all your computer days be Office 2007 days!

No comments: